Northern Forest Canoe Trail Through-Paddler's Companion - Third Edition
Item Number: 223
Time Left: CLOSED
Online Close: Nov 30, 2021 11:59 PM EST
Bid History: 6 bids - Item Sold!
A companion guidebook for paddlers who intend to canoe or kayak the 740-mile Northern Forest Canoe Trail in a single trip from Old Forge, New York to Fort Kent, Maine.
Written by Katina Daanen who through paddled the entire Trail in her canoe in 2011.
The Through-Paddler's Companion documents navigating the Trail in its entirety-west to east-from the perspective and unique needs of an expedition paddler or anyone looking for more detailed information while following the official NFCT maps. It provides comprehensive and tactical advice about specific water bodies, including upstream paddling directions, portage (or carry) descriptions and distances, and mileage markers, while offering suggestions for ordinary, yet sometimes elusive matters, such as where one might spend the night.
The Through-Paddler's Companion guidebook includes:
- 35 consecutive segment descriptions documenting the entire Trail including 160-plus miles of upstream paddling
- 25 illustrated maps highlighting challenging trail sections
- Details about every portage (or carry) with recommendations about how "wheelable" each may be
- Statistics about average paddle times
- Tips for planning daily mileage goals
- Lists of services found along the Trail
Paperback, 5.5" x 8.5", 245 pages, 3rd edition 2017.
Katina will ship to winning bidder.